Adventures › A Tour of Mount Taygetos by Bicycle (7 days)
A few words about the journey
- Choose a demanding trip for experienced cyclists seeking adventure in a unique location
- Take a tour of Mount Taygetos by bicycle covering 240 km
- Go biking at an altitude of 1600 meters
- Stay overnight at the Shelter for tourists of Taygetos
- Trek along path E4 to reach the impressive Mystras
- Visit Ancient Sparta and the modern Olive Museum
- Take a tour of Homeric Kardamili and the historic town of Areopolis
Why to Choose...
By choosing this trip, you combine your favorite hobby, cycling, with a unique natural landscape, the Taygetos. The team at Grazytravel has designed a trip exclusively for experienced mountain bikers and is excited to offer it to you.
All members of our team of mountain attendants are all certified in mountain training. On this trip you will become mountain experts. You will see the most beautiful and most interesting parts of the mountain. You will carve new and until now unknown travel paths.
Gaze at the top of the Prophet of Elias and trek along European Path E4. All you need is your good mood and your competitive endurance and leave the rest to us...
The team at Grazytravel guarantees you will have an unforgettable trip!
Land only prices and availability
The overnight stay on Mount Taygetos will be at a Tourist Shelter or a the Shelter of Alagonia
Booking your own flights
Grazytravel.com provides unique trips all over Greece which begin upon the traveller's arrival in Greece.
These travel packages DO NOT include airfare (except of course for air travel that is included within Greece in some of our packages) therefore each customer is responsible for ensuring his/her TIMELY arrival for the reservation.
We propose that you search for airline tickets through specialized agencies or tourist sites which offer special rates on flights to and from Greece.
If after searching you are unable to find good rates on travel to Greece and would like Grazytravel to assist you in issuing airline tickets, please contact our office and we will make sure to find the best prices available and flights that will work well and be easily combined with the travel package you have chosen from Grazytravel.
Trip Schedule1st Day
Arrive in Athens
Depart to Kalamata
Overnight stay in Kalamata
Cycling from Kalamata to the Tourist Shelter
Distance: 34 km
Overnight stay at the Tourist Shelter
Cycling from the Tourist Shelter to Sparta
Distance: 24 km
Stop to rest
Trekking along Path Ε4 from Sparta to Mystras
Duration of hike: 50'
Visit the Castle of Mystras
Hike back along the same route
Visit the Ancient town
Visit the Olive Museum
Overnight stay in Sparta
Cycling from Sparta to Geraki to Gouves
Distance: 50 km
Overnight stay in Gouves, at the Rural tourism / Agrotourism Hostel, Eumelia
Cycling from Gouves to Gytheio to Areopolis
Distance: 65 km
Overnight stay in Areopolis
Cycling from Areopolis to Kardamili
Distance: 35 km
Overnight stay in Kardamili
Return to Athens
The travel package has the hotel in Athens as its starting point. From there the company cars pick up the customers at 08:00am. At the end of the trip the customers are dropped off in the center of Athens (Syntagma Square). Each customer is responsible for his / her travel to Athens as the package does not include travel from their place of residence.
The company allows customers the following:
- Optional activities with an additional fee.
- Individual program with special activities with an additional fee.
- If the customer does not wish to participate in a particular activity or sport, he / she will be able to follow the rest of the group in one of the accompanying vehicles.
- Upon request, at the termination point of the trip, the company will provide all necessary information (bus routes / ferry boat routes, travel brochures and maps, contact information for travel agencies, tourism offices for alternative travel, lists of hotels / hostels) in order to assist the customers to continue their holidays and travel to other areas of Greece.
Προβολή Ο γυρος του Ταυγέτου με ποδήλατο σε χάρτη μεγαλύτερου μεγέθους
- Hotels with breakfast
- Native guide with excellent English speaking skills
- Travel Insurance
- Skilled bicycle / hiking/ sea kayaking attendants and instructors
- All necessary equipment
- Transportation from the hotel in Athens
- Transportation to the center of Athens at the end of the trip
- Transportation via Jeep / SUV throughout the duration of the trip
- One or more accompanying vehicles and drivers
- Head of the tour / person in charge
- Travel material and information regarding each tour
- Accommodation at high end hotels (4 and 5 star)
What's Not Included
- Travel Visas
- Airline transportation
- Transportation to and from the International Airport-Eleftherios Venizelos
- Additional optional activities with extra charges
- Personal expenses
- As noted above, the company provides the necessary equipment for all activities in the package. However, customers must provide their own individual sleeping bag and whatever else is necessary for outdoor sleeping (camping). In addition, each individual is responsible for the safety and care of his / her cycling and hiking garb (clothing-footwear).